Pontoon Boat fishing is very popular. This type of boat relies on pontoons to float which results to a more stable sail. Also, Pontoon boats are known for their ability to turn on a dime. Today, we’re going to tackle 7 Tips for Pontoon Boat fishing to make your fishing day worthwhile.
Grab an Extra Anchor
– Unexpected windy conditions may occur when you’re on your fishing adventure. Your Pontoon boat may become shaky if you only have one anchor. To help your Pontoon boat remain its balance, have a second anchor and let it down on the back. So you now have 2 anchors both in the front and the back to keep your Pontoon boat stable.
Removable Bimini Tops is a must
– Pontoon boats have pre-installed Bikini Tops to provide shade from the sun. Always make sure that the tops are removable. Having removable Bimini Tops allows you to cast your lines easily without it getting caught on the fabric top. These removable Bikini Tops can also be used later if you need some shade.
Don’t Forget your Towels
– Towels can be used in many different ways. You can spread it over seats or underneath coolers and bait storage containers. Doing so will keep your seats clean and your Pontoon Boat deck free of water.
Bring a Fish Container
– One of the most important thing on fishing is having a container for all the fish you have caught. Don’t forget to bring a fish container that can also act as a cooler where you can store all of your fish.
Find a Grilling Place
– Having a Pontoon Boat means you can dock anywhere whether it’s a park or a wide open recreational space where you can have a cookout. Find a place where you and your friends can have a barbecue session, it’s either at an approved grilling spot at a local park or on a natural springs location.
Take a Break
– Fishing is fun. But diving into the water while on a break is two times the fun. Whenever you feel tired or you just want a short break from fishing, get a boat ladder so you can dive into the river.
Plan for a Pontoon Boat Fishing Party
– Now that you’ve gathered enough fish for the day, it’s time to relax and celebrate with your fishing friends. A 22-foot Pontoon Boat is great for holding up to 12 people maximum. This is great for having Pontoon Boat parties since there’ll be enough room to hold all of your bait, tackle boxes, and containers. Fully equipped with radios and stowaway storage, Pontoon boats are perfect for both fishing and boat parties.